Self Portrait

Self Portrait

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Week 6

This next project that I am working on is one that I am particularly fond of. My challenge is that I have to redesign a label for a product of my choice. This product can be of anything that I want. I feel that this should be my calling to design for a product that will enhance the presentation of the product to a "new" market.

I have always been fond of looking at commercials and print ads for clothing, accessories, and especially food. My favorite product design is Campbell's Soup. I don't know why I have always been fond of the design. The bright red and white label, the typography, and the feel of the can in my hand always just seemed right. The whole aesthetic of the product was perfect.







Now it is up to me to push myself a design a label for a product that I always drink on a daily basis which is Lipton Pure Leaf iced tea. The label of this product recently changed in the past year. The label used to have the traditional white, red, and predominantly yellow label on the glass bottle. Now it still has the Lipton feel to it, but it has upgraded to a more organic feel with images of organic tea leaves and shades of green. Personally I like the newer look to the label yet I want to push the limits and design a label that will get people from another market to drink Lipton's Pure Leaf tea.



The style that I chose is 17th century Rococo. This style has always been a favorite of mine. Anytime I go to the Art Institute of Chicago, I always find time to look at the ornate gigantic pictures during this time period. I also love the interior designs and ornate furniture that was made from back then. One thing that had really inspired me is the texture of these images as well as the patterns of the cloth they used. The rich colors as well as the detail that is used in the paintings from the time persiod has inpsired me to design these labels. With that said, I will design three labels for Lipton Pure Leaf tea.
~One label will be used for the original sweetened tea
~one will be for raspberry tea
~one will be for peach tea
The designs of these images will be posted on a later blog. So Stay tuned to see what the finished products will look like!

No comments:

Post a Comment